API Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to your access to and use of the Chorus application programming interfaces accessible through the API Developer Portal (APIs).
The APIs are only intended for use by organisations who have an existing:
- agreement with Chorus with a genuine reason to access one or more of Chorus’ APIs (Agreement); and
- valid log on to the API Developer Portal, (Access Conditions).
Your access to this site, use of the API and any data or information sourced through this site or any API (Data) is governed by these terms, and the terms and conditions of your Agreement including, without limitation, the provisions covering privacy, confidentiality and intellectual property.
Failing to comply with these terms may result in your access to the APIs (and the API Developer Portal) being restricted or revoked.
By clicking the “Agree” button below or by using an API you:
- represent that you are an authorised representative of an organisation satisfying the Access Conditions (Relevant Organisation) and that the Relevant Organisation agrees to, and is bound by, these terms;
- that you will comply with these terms and conditions in using the API or Data (and that the Relevant Organisation will ensure the compliance of all relevant staff and contractors who interact with or use the API or any Data); and
- agree that the Relevant Organisation will be responsible for the acts and omissions of its staff and contractors who interact with or use any API or Data.
References to “you” and “your” in these terms is a reference to both you in your personal capacity and to the Relevant Organisation.
Access to the APIs
- To access and use the APIs you need to apply and maintain valid access credentials issued by Chorus for each relevant API.
- You must ensure that:
- all information in your application for access is true, correct, accurate, up-to-date, including any information relating to your likely user or volume usage of the APIs; and
- you continue to satisfy the Access Conditions throughout the time you use the APIs and any Data.
- You must:
- ensure that any log-in, password or other access credentials selected or generated by you for your access to, or use of, the API Developer Portal or any APIs are unique, complex, difficult to guess and otherwise comply with good industry practice in relation to information technology security; and
- keep your access credentials for the API Developer Portal and for each API (whether those credentials were selected or generated by you or issued by Chorus) secure and not share or transfer those access credentials to, or allow them to be used by, any other person.
You must notify us as soon as you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your access credentials (or unauthorised access to the APIs through your systems).
- If you cease to hold a valid licence key (including where the licence key is cancelled by Chorus) or cease to satisfy the API Conditions, you must cease to use the APIs.